Founded in AD 2003 (B.S.2060), the Bagmati Intellectual Society (BAGIS) is a non-governmental, nonprofit making autonomous organization. Its core founders are comprised of administrators, planners, managers, educators, researchers, social workers and professionals from different backgrounds. It is widely understood that its main objective is to spread social knowledge with research work and different social activities as per mentioned in the mission, committment and objectives.
The main mission of this society is to work toward creating an environment for a just society with the promotion of self-respect and attainment of maximum welfare at every spheres of Nepalese society. For this, it envisages to develop attitudes, behaviors and skills among the people, which are essential in making them responsible as a rational decision maker in the development process of the country.
- research and action programs as means of education to influence and benefit society
- recognise and protect human rights including the rights of women, girls and children
- promote social peace, harmony. justice and equality
- enhance livelihood of Nepalese people
- contribute to improving the status of Nepalese people specially women, girls and children
- promote skilful education
- enable under privileged and deprived people promoting their expertise for effective change
- To assist in achieving institutional and sustainable peace through reintegration of arm conflict displaced communities and individuals so as to maintain brotherhood, peace, tolerance and good disposition among themselves.
- To promote entrepreneurship through creating self-employment for marginalised people of below poverty line based upon the available local sources/resources and capital, and such people’s capability and skills,
- To study and conduct research on the development and extent of education in terms of its focus on skills, general availability, time-relevancy, equity, quality and usefulness for life,
- To conduct and coordinate research programs on the conservation of national pride ancient arts, culture and architecture so as to make Nepal more familiar within and outside the country,
- To conduct and coordinate the programs on violence against women, girl trafficking, child labour, drug addiction and HIV AIDS so as to raise people’s awareness on their prevention and minimise such episodes,
- To provide necessary consultancy services and other assistance in relation to smooth provision of governmental goods and services to the general mass so as to have public administration comiption free, accountable, service based, result oriented, non-partisan and responsive,
- To work for developing active participation of women from national to district levels of society, economy and politics, and introduce various programs for the capacity enhancement .
- To enhance environmental awareness to control already up-scaling degradation of the environment and conduct programs and provide assistance for the capacity enhancement of agriculture and environmental sectors so as to have enhancement of knowledge and skills in these sectors,
- To assist in the necessary revision of acts, rules and working procedures related to local autonomousgovernance, decentralisation, Federalism and people’s participation and conduct studies on the evaluation of these acts, rules and working procedures,
- To prepare plans on forest area management, conservation of wetlands, relationships between forest and people, land and watershed protection and biodiversity and maintenance of the environmental balance of Chure and Vabhar so as to have increased employment of low income groups, women, and other people,
- To collect and process data and other information and analyse them,
- To launch programs such as trainings, seminars and other brain storming activities for the physical, mental and psychological development of human beings.